I spent a relaxing morning recently making this card. I enjoy coloring as I find it very relaxing and if you like to color, then this Petal Passion DSP from the Petal Passion Suite is a must for you.
I also love Vellum and after coloring the DSP, I added a layer of Vellum to soften the colors and added the sentiments from the Celebrate You Thinlits from Sale-A-Bration. Here’s how I put the card together:
- Cut Soft Sky card stock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Cut Black Card stock 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Cut DSP 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″
- Cut Vellum card stock 5 1/8″ ” x 3 5/8″, score at 4 7/8″
- Cut out the You and Amazing with the Celebrate You Thinlits on Black card stock
- With the Stampin’ Blends, add color to the floral images with the following Blends:
- Old Olive
- Daffodil Delight
- Calypso Coral
- Pink Pirouette
- Real Red
- After coloring in the images, use the Light Pool Party Blend to color in all the background white spaces
Putting it together:
- Fold over the score line on the Vellum piece. Add adhesive to the small fold strip and adhere to the back of the DSP from at the top.
- Add a glue dot to the centre of the yellow flower and then press the Vellum piece over the DSP
- Adhere the DSP/Vellum layer onto the Black card stock
- Add a strip of Pool Party seam binding over the lower portion of the panel and secure on the back
- Adhere to card front
- Adhere the thinlit pieces to the front of the card and stamp the words from Amazing you under the You
- Complete the card with a Yellow Glitter enamel dot to the centre of the yellow flower to hide the glue dot
You can make this card too! To purchase the items for today’s project, SHOP MY ONLINE STORE HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
Today’s card uses another one of the fun bundles in the Occasions catalogue. Bubble Over has the stamp set and co-ordinating framelits – and one of the free items in Sale-A-Bration you can claim is the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper that co-ordinates with the bundle.
The colors in the DSP are bright and cheery and the framelits are awesome! I chose Bermuda Bay for the card base and added a panel from the DSP adhered to a Whisper White panel. The bottles were cut out with the framelits from one of the sheets of the DSP! So neat. I cut out two little bottle caps and one of the straws. There are also Glitter and Clear Epoxy Shapes that were added to the card.
- Stamps: Bubble Over, #145868, Photopolymer (Bundle with the Bottles & Bubbles Framelits, #146082 and save 10%)
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Bubble & Fizz DSP,, #147244 (SAB)
- Ink: Calypso Coral
- Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits, #145663, Glitter & Clear Expoxy Shapes, #145632
Shop my store for these products RIGHT HERE.
Thanks for stopping by on a cool, sunny day – just like Bubble & Fizz!
Yesterday was my Customer Appreciation event and we used the Beautiful Peacock stamp set that you can receive free with a $60 (not including taxes and shipping) order during Sale-A-Bration to make this card.
It stamps so beautifully! We used Pacific Point for the base card and Lemon Lime Twist for the accent color. There are also several other new items from the Occasions catalogue that we used for the card.
The Lemon Lime Twist panel was embossed with the new Simple Stripes Textured Impressions embossing folder. Don’t you love those bold lines it creates?
The sentiment piece and the layered piece were punched using the two new Scallop Circle Punches – one is 1 1/8″and the other 1 3/8″. The scallops are smaller than the scallops on the current scallop circle punches.
The guests received one of these tea bag holders with some English Breakfast and Earl Grey tea.
Shop my online store for your Stampin’ Up! purchases and redeem your free Sale-A-Bration item – my store is open HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
It’s the last day of 2017 and in only 3 more days, it will be the best stamping time of the year as we’ll kick off 2018 with the new Occasions Catalogue and, of course, Sale-A-Bration! One of the free sets that you can earn is this adorable Party Panda stamp set. With three delightful Panda images and three greetings and background stamp, there will be so many sweet projects you can make.
Here’s one that I made with one of the Panda images.
I started with a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″. The Shimmery White panel is 3 3/4″ x 5″. I inked up a “B” block with Pear Pizzazz ink and spritzed it with water and then stamped onto the panel. I repeated this process three times. I placed a post-it note on the lower portion of the panda image and inked it up with Archival Black ink (be sure to remove the post-it) and then stamped onto the first block. This was repeated for the third block.
The background stamp was stamped randomly around the pandas. I then adhered this panel onto a piece of Basic Black card stock cut 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ and then wrapped a strip of the 7/8 Striped Ribbon from the Holiday Catalogue across the lower portion of the panels. The sentiment is from Butterfly Basics and stamped onto a strip of Shimmery White card stock with the Black Archival ink and flagged at both ends. This was popped onto the card with dimensionals.
- Stamp Sets: Party Pandas (#147218 – Wood, #147221 – Clear), Butterfly Basics
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Shimmery White
- Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Archival Black
- Accessories: B Block, Spritzer, 7/8″ Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals
DON’T LET THE DATE SLIP BY – JANUARY 2, 2018 is the last day to purchase from the Holiday Catalogue. My online store is open for your convenience HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and have a safe and merry New Year’s Eve celebration!