Going through my stash, and I’ve got a lot of it, I realized I hadn’t opened the Beautifully Braided bundle. It was the co-ordinating punch that caught my eye when I was going through the Mini Catalogue and quickly added it to my Wish List. For my first go at this bundle, I made this centre step card.
I used Terracotta Tile card stock (2019-2021 In Color) for the card base and Grapefruit Grove card stock (2018 – 2020 In Color retiring this year) for the punched braid and accent color. The focal image is stamped on Whisper White cardstock.
The floral image is stamped with Memento Black ink and colored in with the Calypso Coral combo of Stampin’ Blends for the flowers and Old Olive combo Stampin’ Blends for the stem. I added some green rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones to complete the card.
- Terracotta Tile card stock 5 1/2″ x 11″
- Grapefruit Grove card stock 1″ strips for Braided Border Punch,3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ for mat
- Whisper White card stock 3 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ for image panel
- Place 5 1/2″ side of Terracotta Tile card stock at top of Paper Trimmer. Position at 1″ and cut from 1″ to 6 1/2″ – REPEAT on other side
- Turn Terracotta Tile card stock to landscape position ( 11″ side at top of Paper Trimmer). Position at 1″ and score to cut line, move to 2″ position and score to cut line, move to 6 1/2″ and score to cut line – REPEAT on other side
- Score between the line lines at 5 1/2″
- Fold first 1″ fold to make a mountain fold, fold at 2″ to make a valley fold, fold centre score line to form a mountain fold and fold 6 1/2″ score lines to form mountain folds
- Punch out braided border with punch and trim to correct size and adhere to both sides
- Stamp image with Memento ink and color with Blends, stamp sentiment with Memento ink and add rhinestones
- You’re done!
All of the products used to make today’s card are available in my online store HERE. While shopping in my store, please be sure to check out the Ornate Garden Suite which is an early release to be in the new Annual Catalog. You don’t have to wait until the release of the new AC, you can get it now!
Thanks for stopping by on this beautiful Saturday!