I recently received the Bewitching bundle which has the Witch Hat Builder punch and Betwitching stamp set for the bundle. I haven’t made a Halloween card for quite some time and was tempted to get this bundle as I couldn’t resist the punch. I used the Lock & Slide gatefold for this layout.
On the inside of the card, I stamped the spider and some stars from the Bewitching stamp set. From the Gingham Cottage suite, I used the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper as well as the sentiment from Cottage Wreaths.
I started with a card base of Pumpkin Pie cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ on each side. I trimmed off 1/16″ off each of the ends to enable the sliding mechanism move easily onto and off the card.
I used the Stamparatus to stamp the hat and feet images. Using the Stamparatus for solid images allows for several “stampings” to get the solid color on evenly. I inked up the images 3 times to achieve the clear black color on them.
- Pumpkin Pie: card base – 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 2 3/4″ on both ends (or 2 3/4″ and 8 1/4″) whichever way you prefer; mechanism – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″ (cut 4)
- Basic Black: front panels: 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ (cut 2); focal panel: 2 5/8″ x 3 3/8″, scraps for stars
- Basic White: inside: 4″ x 5 1/4″, focal image: 2 1/5″ x 3 1/4″, hat: 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- DSP: front panels: 2 1/2″ x 4 (cut 2)
Assembling the card:
- Assemble the front pieces of the gatefold with the Basic Black and DSP and adhere to front panels
- Stamp stars, spider and sentiment on Basic White panel and adhere to inside of card
- After punching out stamped hat, color dots and hat band with Pumpkin Pie and Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blends
- Stamp feet towards the bottom of focal image panel and color with Blends
- Pop up hat with Stampin’ Dimensionals over the feet and adhere the punched stars
- Take two of the Pumpkin Pie mechanism pieces and fold each one in half on the 2 3/4″ side. Burnish the fold lines well
- Line up the open side of one of the pieces and adhere to one of the Pumpkin Pie piece, repeat with the other folded piece, butting up the folded portion to the back of the other folded portion. You will then have both pieces adhered to one of the Pumpkin Pie pieces with the openings facing out
- Adhere the final Pumpkin Pie piece over the two folded pieces and you have now formed the slide and lock mechanism
- Adhere the Basic White focal image onto the Basic Black panel. Add this to the front of the mechanism
- Slide the mechanism over the front opening of the card – and you’re done!
If you haven’t had a chance to check out the items in the Clearance Rack be sure to do so before the items are all gone. Check them out in my online store here and also the items I used to make today’s cards.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Rosanne Pragnell says
That is so adorable. Love the card template.
Thanks as always for the directions