The Botanical Bliss bundle on page 20 of the Annual Catalogue shows some great tags that can be made with the bundle. I haven’t made any tags yet as I thought I would make a gift set of 3″ x 3″ note cards with a little box.
I used the 2018 – 2020 In Colors to make up the note cards, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, Call Me Clover and Blueberry Bushel.
I generally make a “horizontal” box and top but decided to make a top loading box this time.
I love all the In Colors and it was difficult to choose which one to use for the box but as it was a sunny day when I made it, it seemed appropriate for a Pineapple Punch box.
I decided to use the framelit to cut the bottom edge of the box top to fit over the flower on the front of the box.
Here are the instructions to make this little project.
- Botanical Bliss Bundle, Itty Bitty Greetings
- Square Layering Framelits
- 2018 – 2020 In Color stamp pads
- Whisper White card stock
- Pineapple Punch card stock
- Whisper White 3″ x 3″ Envelopes
- 2018 – 2020 In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP
- Window Sheet
- 1/8″ Pineapple Punch Grosgrain Ribbon
- Adhesive (Tear and Tape, Tombow Liquid Glue – your choice)
- Glue Dots
- Cut 3″ x 6″ Whisper White card stock and score at 3″ (5 cards)
- Cut In Color DSP 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (1 of each color and one extra for box front – Pineapple Punch)
- Cut 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Whisper White card stock
- Cut Window Sheet 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Cut Pineapple Punch card stock 7″ x 4 1/4″ for box. On 4 1/4″ side, score 1/2″ on both sides. On 7″ side, score at 3 1/4″ and 3 3/4″.
- Cut Pineapple Punch card stock 4 5/16″ x 2 1/2″ for box top. On 2 1/2″ side, score at 1″ on both sides. On 4 5/16″ side, score at 1/2″ on both sides.
- Cut on short score lines to the horizontal score lines on both sides of both pieces. Fold on crease lines and fold up to form box and box top.
- On one side of box, position scallop square framelit and cut out
- Adhere the window sheet behind the cut out square and then the 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ Pineapple Punch DSP
- Add adhesive on sides to secure the box
- Position the frame framelit for the co-ordinating flower on the lower portion of the box front, then add adhesive to form box top
- Using the floral or bird framelit, position on the 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ Whisper White card stock and roll through the Big Shot – complete for 5 cards
- Stamp sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings
- Assemble the note cards
- On a piece of scrap Pineapple Punch card stock, cut out the flower framelit. Snip off the portion of card stock on the flower side, then position the frame over the other portion and roll through the Big Shot for the flower. Adhere to the front of the box.
- Complete the project with a length of ribbon wrapped around the box top and add a bow where the ribbon meets on the front.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!