Christmas in July! I needed to cool off from this heat so what better than to think Christmas in July for an imaginary cooling of temperatures.
I used the Blended Seasons stamp set and Stiched Season Framelits from the Color your Season product suite will be available starting August 1 until August 31. It’s a great suite with the Color your Season stamp set, Stitched Season Framelits to form a bundle. Also in the product suite are 10 Watercolor Pencils in new colors.
When I started to picture the card I would make with this set, I saw a tutorial for a mitred frame at Splitcoast Stampers and thought I would try it with today’s card. Click HERE for the link to the tutorial.
- Stamp Set: Blended Seasons
- Paper: Real Red, Old Oliver, Whisper White, Under the Mistletoe DSP (Buy 3, Get 1 Free)
- Ink: Real Red, So Saffron, Crumb Cake Stampin’ Markers
- Accessories: Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, Dimensionals
- Score 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Real Red card stock at 4 1/4″, emboss card front with Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
- Cut strip of DSP 5 1/2″ x 1 1/4″, Old Olive card stock 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ and adhere together
- Cut DSP for frame 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ (see tutorial above to make the frame)
- Cut bow and bell from Stitched Seasons framelits and color bell with markers
- Place a 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ piece of Old Olive on frame centre and fold sides in and secure with adhesive
- Adhere bell to centre of frame with dimensionals
- Add Thin Tip glue to bow and attach to top of frame
- Adhere Old Olive/DSP strip to card front and pop up frame on strip with dimensionals
DSP special ends next Tuesday – to shop for this special and other Stampin’ Up! products, please visit my store HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!