I have seen several cards on Pinterest featuring a butterfly in this type card (don’t know what the technique is called). The Classic Label punch is used on the card to showcase the butterfly. As I looked at them, I thought I would use the Rectangle Stitched Framelit dies to position the opening anywhere on the card rather than be restricted with the punch and this is the result.
There are a lot of shadows in the picture because of the glitter paper and the reflection from lots of Wink of Stella! The opening made from the Rectangle Stitched Framelit allows the wings to come through the opening and spread on the front of the card. I also wanted to show the dragonfly “touching” a flower and used the Lovely Floral embossing folder on the card front so that I could place the dragonfly in the centre of the floral image.
Open the card and the dragonfly is on the inside.
Here’s how I made the card.
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams (retiring), Love What You Do (retiring), Beautiful Bouquet
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Glitter sheets (retired)
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride
- Accessories: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Lovely Floral Embossing Folder (retiring), Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, Multi purpose glue
LET’S MAKE IT:
- Bermuda Bay card stock 8 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White – two pieces 4 ” x 5 1/4″
- Glitter paper 4″ x 3 1/2″
- Position one of the Whisper White pieces on the card front, place the thinnest Rectangle Stitched Framelit on the card front on an angle, and roll through the Big Shot
- Place the Whisper White piece in the Lovely Floral embossing folder (place it in the EF, with the front of the EF on the bottom) then roll through the Big Shot
- Stamp sentiment on the card front using Bermuda Bay classic ink
- Add adhesive to the embossed Whisper White card stock and line up the rectangle opening and adhere
- Use the small dragonfly thinlit from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and cut out on the glitter paper
- On the other piece of Whisper White, place on the inside of the card and position the dragonfly to that you can easily pull the wings through the rectangle opening
- Stamp flowers around the dragonfly with Blushing Bride classic ink
- Adhere the Whisper White piece to the inside of the card
- Add adhesive to the dragonfly centre and adhere to the inside card stock with the wings pulled through the opening
- Add Wink of Stella over the embossed floral image from the embossing folder
- You’re done!
Don’t forget – the Dragonfly Dreams and Love What You Do stamp sets are retiring on June 1 as will the Lovely Floral embossing folder and co-ordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. If you don’t have them yet – you can order in my online store HERE.
Thanks for stopping by on this beautiful spring day and happy crafting!