One of the very beautiful stamping techniques is the Bokeh technique and at today’s Coffee and Cards class we made this card.
It is a little “messy” as we apply the ink and create the Bokeh dots but it is so rewarding!
Let’s make the card!
- Card Base: Calypso Coral 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Mat: Whisper White 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Focal Layer: Shimmery White 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Template for Bokeh Dots: Vellum card stock 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Preparing your template for the Bokeh Dots by punching circles randomly with 1 1/4″, 1″ and 3/4″ Circle punches on the Vellum card stock
- Using Stampin’ Sponges, add color to the Shimmery White piece using Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride
- Place template over sponged Shimmery White mat and using a Sponge Dauber, pick up some White Craft ink and select a circle to add the White Craft ink, continue this step and add circle of varying sizes over the Shimmery White
- Overlap some of the larger circles slight with a smaller circle and apply White Craft ink on that circle
- Go back over the larger circle where you have overlapped with a smaller circle and add more White craft ink. This will bring the larger circle into focus and the smaller overlapping one with a muted shade and this is what creates the Bokeh effect
- Ink up the 3 prong flower stamp from Floral Essence with Calypso Coral ink and stamp 6 images on a Petal Pink sheet from the Perennial Essence Vellum Card Stock. Once ink as dried punch out with the Perennial Flower Punch
- Form three flowers by adhering two together with a glue dot
- Add Perennial Essence Floral Centers to flowers
- Adhere flowers to focal mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals randomly
- Complete the card by stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment from Perennial Birthday with Memento Black ink
- You’re done!
To purchase the items to make this cared, please shop my online store HERE. While you are in the store, browse through the Holiday Catalogue and don’t forget about the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper special!
Join us at our Coffee and Cards class held every two weeks in South Surrey as we have a fun time making some great cards. The next Coffee and Cards is on Tuesday, September 24 at 10:00 a.m. Please email me for more information or to register for our next C&C class.
Thanks for stopping by on a beautiful September day and happy crafting!