For today’s card I used the Bird Ballad DSP which is part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper special (see below)
I chose the pink tone sheets as pink is one of my favourite colors.
After stamping the focal image, it felt like it needed some “action” and so rummaged through my stamp supplies that I’ve not touched for a long, long time and found a Mat Pack. It has three pieces to the set, all measuring 4″ x 4″. There’s a cutting mat, a heavy sponge piece and a plastic piece for paper piercing and stitching. It was also great for spacing eyelets!
I used the paper piercing and stitching piece to add the decorative accents in the four corners of the focal image. I lined up the mat on the card stock and used the paper piercer to poke through the holes to create a decorate accents.
Here are the instructions for putting the card together:
- Card base Petal Pink 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Pool Party 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, 21/2″ x 3 3/4″ and 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Whisper White 2 3/8″ x 3 5/8″
- DSP 3 3/8″ x 4 1/8″( Floral piece) and 1 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ (Polka dot piece
- Stamp bird, branch image and sentiment on Whisper White using Memento black ink
- Color bird and branch with Light and Dark Blends – Pool Party, Petal Pink, Old Olive and light Crumb Cake
- Use Mat Pack to create decorative accents in corners (optional)
- Ink up the “splotch” stamp from Waterfront with Petal Pink ink and stamp off and light stamp over focal image to provide some subtle background to the Whisper White piece
- Mat the DSP and Pool Party pieces using Liquid glue
- Adhere large image on card front then lay the narrow piece across the first mat and then add the focal image on top and
- You’re done!
From now to September 30, buy 3 Designer Series Paper packages and get 1 free! For the first time a Specialty Designer Series Paper pack, Pressed Petals, is available in this offer. Here are the papers available in this promotion.
Shop my online store for your favourite Designer Series papers HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!