Yesterday I posted a card made with the Sale–A-Bration Happy Birthday To You stamp set and today I have two more cards using the coordination Birthday dies. I said that it makes a great birthday stamp but as I was making these cards I realized that it can be used for so many other occasions with the addition of the dies – anniversary, wedding and any other celebratory occasion.
These are the Birthday Dies.
Here’s the first card that I made with the dies.
I stamped the full image on Whisper White and cut out the flowers with the coordinating dies. I colored them in with the Light and Dark Balmy Blue and Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. I next cut off the single flower from the cluster. Here are the details in putting the card together.
- Card Base Seaside Spray 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White layer 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Seaside Spray In Color DSP 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″
- Whisper White for stamping cake image with Sahara Sand classic ink, cut out image using flower die, die cut sprigs x2
- Color flowers with Light and Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends, leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends
- Granny Apple Green die cut leaves x 2
- Whisper White scrap, cut with Stitched So Sweetly die, emboss with Subtle Embossing Folder, stamp sentiment with Seaside Spray classic ink
- Adhere Whisper White and DSP layers and add sentiment piece. Arrange flowers around sentiment and adhere with Multipurpose Glue
- Color flowers with Wink of Stella and complete the card with Basic Pearls
For the second card I made a flap card with the full cake and stand.
Here are the details to make the flap card.
- Card Base Basic Black 4 1/4″ x 6 1/2″, score at 5 1/2″, scrap for inside sentiment
- So Saffron 3″ x 11 1/2″, score at 5 1/2″
- Golden Honey Specialty DSP 5/8″ x 6 1/2″ (x2), cut off 1″ on both stripes
- Whisper White for cake image, stamp with Sahara Stand classic ink (stamp two images, using one for cutting out the flowers), on one image cut off stem of cake stand
- Scrap Gold Foil cut out cake stand with die
- Color flowers with Light and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, cut out with flower dies
- Optional, you can also color the flowers on the full image
- Outline cake with Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend
- Adhere strips of DSP and So Saffron flap against top score line; adhere small 1″ x 5/8″ DSP to flap top on card base; adhere
- Adhere top of flap to 1″ strip of Black card stock
- Add dimensionals to back of flower die cut after coloring is finished and position on large cake image over flowers
- Adhere Gold Foil cake stand to cake with tape
- Add dimensionals on back of full image and adhere to front of So Saffron flap
- Wrap a length of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon around flap and tie a bow
- Stamp “celebrate” sentiment using Versamark ink on a scrap of Basic Black card stock
- Sprinkle with Gold embossing powder over stamped image and heat set with heat tool
- Cut out sentiment with second largest rectangle of Stitched So Sweetly die, move die to make smaller and cut again, adhere to inside of card flap
- Complete card with Holiday Rhinestones in centre of flowers
If you don’t have these two great products, only two more days before Sale-A-Bration is gone for this year as well as the co-ordinating Birthday Dies. You can purchase these in my online store HERE. A purchase of $60 (not including taxes and shipping) will qualify you to redeem the stamp set and the Birthday Dies are orderable for $37.
If placing your order online, please use HOST CODE HJJZUQCK and receive a free gift from me. If your order is $200, do not use the Host Code and claim your Stampin’ Rewards.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!