I had to make another card using the Ornate Style bundle particularly in black and white as that is always my go to combination with a splash of color.
I started with a Basic Black card base with a Whisper White mat embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder. I used the largest filigree die for the frame – it’s so beautiful! I stamped the large floral image onto a piece of Whisper White with Versamark and embossed it with Black embossing powder I used several Stampin’ Blends combos to color the flowers and leaves. I initially colored the leaves with the Granny Apple Green Blends combo but it seemed a bit pale so I added the Old Olive Blends on top of the Granny Apple Green.
It was so pretty without a sentiment that I decided to add a sentiment on the inside.
I used the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder again and this time I used a wood frame that I’ve had for a long, long time. I have one with an oval opening and one with the small rectangle and decided to use the rectangle frame. I had kept the instructions for the sandwich when we had the multipurpose platform with Tabs 1 and 2 but knew it wouldn’t work with this new embossing folder as it is a thicker folder. After trying different sandwiches, I ended up using the Big Shot platform, then embossing folder with card stock, the wood folder and several pieces of card stock for a shim and it rolled through. I added the sentiment from Peaceful Moments.
Card Stock Measurements:
- Basic Black – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ score at 4 1/4″ , scrap 3 1/2″ x 5″ for frame
- Whisper White – 2 – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 2 1/8″ x 3 1/2″ for focal image
- Emboss one of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White card stock with Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder using the 3D Embossing folder plate
- Cut Basic Black card stock with floral die
- Tap Embossing Buddy over 2 1/8″ x 3 1/2″ card stock, stamp floral image with Versamark
- Sprinkle black embossing powder over stamped image and heat with Heat Tool
- Color flowers and leaves with Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends combos
- Adhere all the layers together and add Gilded Gems to flower centres
- Emboss the second piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White card stock as described above with Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder (or adhere white stock without embossing and stamp some of the small flowers on panel.
- Stamp sentiment
- Adhere to inside of card
The Ornate Garden Suite is available in the online store. At the present time the Ornate Border dies are on back order but all the other component in the suite are available. To shop my store, please ENTER HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!