After 5 months, our stamp club had our first in person get together yesterday and it was so good to see everyone although we missed you, Tracy.
One of the cards we made was a Dutch Door card, one that I haven’t made in a long while and it was a good time to revisit this fancy fold card.
We used the Ornate Thanks and Ornate Layers dies for the card in Terracotta Tile.
The Ornate Garden Specialty Paper provided a beautiful accent to the card. The card base is Terracotta Tile with mats of Petal Pink and the DSP.
The accent piece was cut with the third largest frame from the dies with the sentiment stamped with Terracotta Tile classic ink and adhered to the front of the frame.
- Terracotta Tile: 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, score at 3″, 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, score at 2 1/8″ on both sides; 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ for frame die cut
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (for inside); 1″ x 2 3/8″ for sentiment
- Petal Pink: 4 1/8″ x 2 7/8″ for top panel; 2″ x 2 3/8″ (2 pieces) for bottom panels
- DSP: 4″ x 2 3/4″ for top panel; 1 7/8″ x 2 1/4″ (2 pieces) for bottom panels; 3/4″ x 4″ for inside
Assembling the card:
- Fold vertical panel at score line
- Fold side flaps towards centre to meet square and burnish score lines
- Add adhesive to back of flap panel and adhere to the lower portion of the vertical panel
- Assemble Petal Pink and DSP layers
- Wrap 5 1/2″ length of Terracotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo pack around layers and secure in back with adhesive
- Pop up die cut frame with dimensionals
- Stamp sentiment and add to frame
- Adhere Whisper White panel to inside of card and add DSP strip to bottom
- Stamp sentiment
Shop my online store for the supplies to make today’s card HERE.
Have a wonderful day on this bright and sunny day and happy crafting!