I had fun making this pop up easel card especially when it was made with the Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Texture Chic suite of products. Gorgeous, gorgeous papers with touches of gold on the paper and lovely designs on the reverse side. There are a number of cards on the internet using this fun fold and wanted to attempt making it. I found a great tutorial from Sam Calcott.
And looking at it from a side view.
It’s a 6″ x 6″ card and in my Stampin’ Up! stash of products, I found some 6 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ Vellum envelopes that worked perfectly for this size card. I wish they would bring those back – they provide a touch of elegance when mailing out the card.
So many different products were used for this card, I started with Soft Succulent for the card base, added mats of Petal Pink, die cuts of one of the butterflies from Brilliant Wings dies, Timber 3D Embossing Folder, sentiment strip using Stylish Shapes and sentiment from Charming Sentiments. I used 12″ x 12″ Soft Succulent card stock from the 2021-2023 In Color card stock as most of the pieces were cut at 6″. This saves on using the 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock size.
- Soft Succulent: Card Base – 6″ x 8 1/2″, score at 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″ and 8″, 2 pieces 6″ x 6″ score at 3″ on one of the pieces
- Petal Pink: 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ for front mat; 2 pieces 5 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ for inside mats; 3 pieces 5 3/4″ x 3/4″ for mats around box, scraps for butterfly dies and sentiment
- Basic White: 2 pieces 51/2″ x 2 1/2″, for inside mats, emboss one piece with 3D Timber embossing folder; 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and emboss with 3D Timber embossing folder and cut into 3 strips 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Texture Chic DSP: 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
Assembling the card:
- Score card base on all score lines.
- Add adhesive to the bottom section of the scored card stock, fold over on the second score line and bring card stock over and secure to form the box
- Add adhesive to the 1/2″ section of the card base on the back and adhere the bottom of the scored 6″ x 6″ piece of Soft Succulent with the scored line at 3″ towards you. Secure the adhesion. This will form the easel
- Add mats to the other 6″ x 6″ Soft Succulent piece (Petal Pink and DSP)
- Die cut large butterfly and small butterflies using Brilliant Wings dies
- On inside of card, layer the Basic White pieces ([plain and dry embossed pieces) and adhere to the inside in the two sections above the box
- Layer the embossed Basic White strips to the Petal Pink strips and adhere around the box
- Stamp sentiment on Petal Pink card stock using Soft Succulent classic ink and die cut with Stylist Shapes die
- Complete the card by adding butterfly die cuts on card front and add Basic Rhinestones to butterflies.
You can make this card using these products or choose from the wide array of Stampin’ Up’s! designer series papers offered in the Annual Catalogue. It was difficult to choose which one to use for this card. Shop my online store HERE for your Stampin’ Up! supplies.
Thanks for stopping by on a beautiful hot summer day that carried over from the weekend – happy crafting!