Have you made a card just using dies – no stamps? After looking at the Poppy Moments dies and Ornate Layers dies, I decided to put the two together and came up with this card.
In addition to making black and white cards, I also like making just white cards.
I felt it needed just a hint of color and added it in the centre of the flowers and the budding bloom.
The Poppy Moments are part of the Peaceful Moments bundle which are in the Mini Catalogue. Purchasing a bundle saves you 10%. While the stamp set, Peaceful Moments, and the dies, Poppy Moments, will be carried over to the new Annual Catalogue, they will be priced separately so it would be a great idea to save 10% on the bundle before the Mini Catalogue ends on June 2.
The Ornate Layers dies will be in the new Annual Catalogue but is available now!
I used Heavy Whisper White for the card base as I wanted a sturdy base. I forget the name of this type of card but basically the bottom portion is joined to the top with the feature image.
- Card Base – Heavy Whisper White 5 1/2″ x 5 3/4″, score at 4 1/4″ on 5 3/4″ side, and a strip 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Trim panels – Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Ornate Layer piece – Whisper White 5″ x 3 1/2″
- Vellum Card stock for flowers
- Petal Pink, So Saffron and Whisper White scraps
Putting card together:
- Emboss the 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ Whisper White piece with the Subtle embossing folder and cut into two strips – 5 1/4″ x 1 1/4″. Adhere one piece to top portion of card and the other on the second strip
- Use second largest Ornate Layer frame die and cut out frame
- Use small flower die from Peace Moments to cut out three Vellum card stock flowers
- Use small flower die from Peaceful Moments to cut out three Whisper White overlays
- Use small leaves die to cut out two Whisper White pieces
- Use bud die to cut out two Petal Pink pieces
- Use flower centre die to cut out three So Saffron pieces
- Adhere Whisper White overlays onto Vellum flowers with Multipurpose Glue
- Arrange die cuts in centre of frame and adhere with Multipurpose Glue
- Line up 5 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ strip to back of card and secure with a paper clip to keep lined up
- Add adhesive to top and bottom of feature frame and adhere to card
I will stamp the sentiment in Petal Pink classic ink when I have the need for the card for a special occasion
Supplies to make this card are available in my store HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!