I do love this Sweet as a Peach bundle and finally got a chance to create today’s project which is a corner flip card using these products.
I used Poppy Parade for the card base with the co-ordinating You’re a Peach Designer Series Paper, which is one of the select DSPs currently discounted at 15% off only until the end of the month.
Don’t you just love the colors? It so sunny and bright that it just makes you smile.
I haven’t made one of these cards for a long while as one of the things I couldn’t get “right” was after cutting the corner and turning it over to create the flip, the score line was always crooked. However, I saw a tutorial on SCS recently which showed how to create a nice crisp score line.
After making the cut lines and before flipping the corner, put a pencil mark at 5/8″ from the centre of the card on the top left and another pencil mark measuring 1 7/8″ up from the bottom right side of the card. Line up the pencil marks on your Paper Trimmer and run your scoring blade connecting the two pencil marks. Turn the corner and you have a perfect crease at the top!
I layered a piece of the DSP on a piece of Whisper White for the front of the card. Place the mats on the front of the card base with the corner flip folded. Make a pencil mark at the top crease and the crease on the side of the fold. Place your mat in the Paper Trimmer, line up the pencil marks and cut off the triangle. This will fit on the front of the card. Turn the corner over and attach with Glue Dots.
I die cut a scallop square using the 3rd largest Layering Squares dies on Whisper White. The leaves are stamped with Old Olive ink. I inked up the peach stamp with Poppy Parade and sponged some Pumpkin Pie around the edges before stamping onto Whisper White. I used the peach die to cut out the peaches. These are arranged in the spaces for the peaches and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The sentiment on the front of the card is die cut with the small Stitched Rectangle dies and also popped up with dimensionals.
I added more of the DSP on the inside of the card and the sweet sentiments from the stamp set to complete the card.
- Card Base: Poppy Parade, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ score at 4 1/4″. Place 5 1/2″ side at top of Paper Trimmer and line up at 3″ mark, position cutting blade at 3″ and cut up to 5/8″. Place the 8 1/2″ side at top of Paper Trimmer and line up at the 3″ mark. From the 5/8″ mark on the trimmer, cut down to 3″.
- Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (2), scraps for die cuts
- DSP: 5″ x 3 3/4″, 3/4″ x 4″ and 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
Select Designer Series Papers are discounted by 15% to the end of the month. These selected DSP are:
- Beauty of the Earth, #155841, Sale: $13.39
- Bloom Where You’re Planted, #155696, Sale: $13.39
- Hand-Penned, #155499, Sale: $13.39
- In Good Taste, #152494, Sale: $24.65 (there are 24 sheets in this package)
- In The Wild, #155817, Sale: $13.39
- Pansy Petals, #155807, Sale: $13.39
- Sweet Symmetry, #155605, Sale: $13.39
- Tidings of Christmas, #155718, Sale $13.39
- You’re a Peach, #155686, Sale $13.39
All DSP are 12″ x 12″ except for Tidings of Christmas which is 6″ x 6″.
Shop my online store here for the supplies to make your Corner Flip card and shop the DSP sale.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!