Today I’m sharing a hinge card featuring the Sweet Candy Cane stamp set and Candy Cane dies. Who doesn’t like candy canes during the Christmas season?
The card base is Garden Green which co-ordinates with the Sweetest Christmas Designer Series Paper. The hinge portion is also Garden Green and these panels were matted with Basic White and on the card base, a panel of the DSP. The DSP has sheets of candy canes that can be die cut using the Candy Cane dies. I punched out the leaves from the Boughs punch in Garden Green and Evening Evergreen card stock to frame the candy cane, then added some red ribbon and Red Rhinestones. On the card base I added a piece of Basic White die cut from the Scallop Contour dies for writing a message.
- Garden Green: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”; 5 ½” x 3”, 4 ¾” x 1 ¼”, score at 1 ¼”, scrap to punch out one of the small leave using the Bough punch
- Basic White: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, 2 7/8” x 5 3/8” (cut 2), 2 ¾” x 4” to die cut the third largest Scalloped Contour die, scrap for small oval punch (sentiment piece)
- Evening Evergreen: scraps to punch out two of the large leaves using the Bough punch
- Sweetest Christmas DSP: 4” x 5 ¼” from white oval drops sheet; Die cut candy cane from sheet of Candy Canes
- 3/8″ Double Stitched Red Satin ribbon: 10 ½”
To cut the card base 5 ¼” x 4 ¼”, cut 3” and it leaves a 1 ¼” strip
On the 1 1/4″ strip, trim off 1/2″ and score at 1 1/4″ to form the hinge
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the DSP panel to the 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ Basic White panel
- Adhere the small tab of the Garden Green hinge to the back of those matted panel in the middle then adhere these to the Garden Green card base
- Emboss one of the 2 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ Basic White panels with the Tasteful Textures embossing folder and adhere it to 5 1/2″ x 3″ Garden Green panel
- Line up this panel on the Garden Green strip, positioning it in the centre of the card front, then adhere to the strip
- On the back of this hinged panel, adhere the other 2 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ Basic White piece (this will cover up the hinge at the back)
- Adhere Scalloped Countour die cut to card base centred behind the hinged flap
- Decorate the front hinged panel with the bough leaves and pop up the candy cane with Stampin’ Dimensionals over the leaves. Add bow to the candy cane.
- Stamp sentiment on Basic White scrap and punch out with smaller oval from Double Oval punch, add to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Complete card with Red Rhinestones.
Shop my online store HERE for the supplies used to make today’s card share.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!