Today I’m sharing a triangle gatefold card using the new Misty Moonlight In Color card stock and co-ordinating products. The idea for the triangle gatefold is from Jennifer McGuire who makes the most most beautiful cards.
The Misty Moonlight color is close to the Not Quite Navy that is retired but I much prefer this shade of blue as it is a warmer blue.
On the inside of the card I embossed the Whisper White panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
Who said ferns need to be green? I stamped the dotted background stamp in third generation Misty Moonlight ink and then added the ferns and flower in second and third generation stamping.
The sentiment is stamped on another Layering Circle die cut then matted onto a scalloped Layering Circle.
I cut a piece of Vellum card stock 1 1/4″ x 9 1/2″ to make the belly band and secured it around the middle of the card and finished it off with the sentiment piece. A few of the In Color 2020-2022 enamel dots completed the sentiment piece.
- Misty Moonlight: Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 5 14″, Card: 4″ x 10″, score at 5″, Flaps: 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (2), score on the diagonal; Scraps for circle die cuts
- Whisper White: 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ for centre piece; Scraps for circle die cuts
- Flowers for Every Season DSP: 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ – cut on the diagonal
- Vellum Card Stock: 1 1/4″ x 9 1/2″ for belly band
Assembling the Card:
- Adhere Whisper White embossed piece to top of folded card stock
- Wrap triangle Misty Moonlight triangles around the back of the folded card stock and adhere to back
- Add DSP to triangle fronts
- Add stamped fern image layered onto Misty Moonlight scallop circle to centre of folded card stock
- Adhere card to card base
- Wrap belly band around the card securing it in the front, ensuring that band will slide off card easily
- Add sentiment piece to front of belly band
Shop my online store for the products to make today’s card HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!