Happy Easter to all my family and friends – enjoy this beautiful day!
I have a cute share for you today as I went through my stacks of Designer Series Paper and one of my favourite is the Pleased as Punch DSP that was released as a co-ordinating product for some of the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets and regular sets in the Mini Catalogue. It’s filled with bright and colorful papers and seemed just right for these sunny days.
I used the Welcome Easter stamp set for the mini card. Not only does it have Easter greetings but one to welcome a new baby. The images are super for birthday cards etc.
We made gift bags last year at one of our classes and for today’s bag I decided to make a smaller version with a 3″ x 3″ card attached to it.
The card hangs from the card holder and can be removed .
The sentiment is added to the inside of the card.
I just love this paper with the vertical lines of color and as you can see the reverse of this sheet co-ordinates with the Thoughtful Blooms Sale-a-Bration stamp set.
We seem to have a lot of DSP on hand and this is a great project to use up some of the papers (so that we can buy some new ones – lol).
Bag and Card Measurements:
- Designer Series Paper – 2 sheets 8″ x 8″, 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ for card
- Whisper White card stock for card 3″ x 6″, score at 3″, scrap for image
- Daffodil Delight card stock 4″ x 2″ for card hanger, scrap for image mat
- On each sheet of the DSP, score at 2″ on 3 sides and 1″ on 4th side. If you are using a directional sheet of DSP, ensure that you have it lined up so that the fold over piece is scored at 1″
- Fold and score all score lines
- On each piece of the DSP, fold over the 1″ score line and adhere with adhesive
- One one sheet of the DSP, cut out the two outer squares opposite the the folded over piece
- On the other sheet of DSP, cut from the outer edge of the DSP to the first score (these are horizontal cuts)
- Line up the bottom sections of the two sheets of DSP, laying the centre sections on each other and adhere with adhesive
- Fold over the two sections in the middle of the two parts and add adhesive to these pieces
- Bring up one piece of the DSP on both sides to adhere the sections to the sides
- Add adhesive to the two long sides and bring the opposite up, line up the top of the bag to ensure all the pieces are square and press on your adhesive to secure – repeat for the other side
- Stamp image on Whisper White and cut out with appropriate size of Layering Circles dies
- Color image with Blends
- Cut out Daffodil Delight circle using appropriate size of Stitched Shapes circle die, add stamped image with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Add 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ DSP to front of card and adhere focal image
- Stamp sentiment inside
- Use Classic Label Punch to cut opening for card – line both sides to the edge of the punch and punching twice – adhere to folded portion of bag
- Add Wink of Stella over bunny and pearls from Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
Feel like doing some Easter shopping for some stamping supplies? Check out my online store HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting! Stay safe and stay healthy!