It’s always a pleasure to have my friends share the cards they have made with me. At our recent Stamp Club, Janet brought some of the cards that she’s been working on and I wanted to share her emboss resist card today.
I love the sponging of the background and over the stamped images to create the emboss resist technique and the fall colors she chose for the card. She used the two of the dies from Stitched So Sweet to create the area for a sentiment. This card measures 5″ x 7″ rather than the usual 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ size.
The flower and leaves on the inside of the card adds more dimension to the card.
For the emboss resist technique here are the steps:
- Prepare your card stock by running the Embossing Buddy or anti static pouch to prevent embossing powder from sticking where it shouldn’t stick
- Stamp the image(s) with Versamark ink
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the stamped images and heat with your heat tool
- Using the Blending Brushes (or sponge daubers or sponges) apply the ink over the card front adding the colors of your choice
- Use a paper towel to rub over the images to remove excess ink and there you have the emboss resist technique.
Thank you Janet for sharing your lovely card with me.
The days are counting down to the end of Sale-A-Bration on September 30! The lovely Be Dazzling Specialty Paper is all gone so make sure that some of your favourites are still available before they too may be gone. A purchase of $60 (taxes and shipping excluded) provides a Level 1 item and a purchase of $120 (taxes and shipping excluded) provides a Level 2 item OR choose two Level 1 items. Shop my online store here for all your stamping supplies.
Thanks for stopping by on a beautiful Fall day and happy crafting!