I dug back in my binder where I keep measurements for fun fold and technique cards and came across my notes for a Double Drapery card and since it’s been a while that I’ve made one, here is today’s card using the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper.
I chose the Seaside Spray, one of the retiring In Colors that will be gone when the Annual Catalogue retires in May, for the card base. I added a Highland Heather mat that has been embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. With Easter not too far away, I chose the sentiment from Welcome Easter.
The drapery fold details are:
3″ x 8″, score at 1/2″, 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 1 3/4″,
- 3″ x 8″ – Score at 1/2″, 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 1 3/4″, 2 1/2″ 2 3/4″, 3 1/2″ and 3 3/4″
- Repeat on the other side
- Make a pencil mark 1 1/2″ on the 3″ sides of the DSP
- Cut from that pencil mark to the 3 1/2″ score mark on both sides
- Fold on score lines from both sides to meet in the middle
- Burnish fold lines well with bone folder. Note: I added small drops of Multipurpose Liquid Glue between the folds to secure them.
- To secure the fold in place before adding to card stock, add Tear and Tape on the back of the folded curtain at the top and on the sides
- Remove tape and adhere to card front
- Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scrap for sentiment
The products used to make this card are available in my online store open 24/7.Product List
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!