I made this cute card using the Love Cats stamp set that features a little accordian pullout on the front of the card.
The card base is Sweet Sorbet which co-ordinates with the Country Gingham 6″ x 6″ DSP.
Undo the twine and start pulling it to reveal these adorable images.
And continue to pull
I made one of these many years ago and when I saw this set, I had to try it for this layout.
I used 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock but 12″ x 12″ would make it easier to make the pullout section.
- Sweet Sorbet: Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″. Pullout section: 2 1/2″ x 11″, score at 2 1/2″, 5″, 7 1/2″ and 10″. Cut one 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square
- Basic White: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (cut 2, one for card front and one for inside); strip 2 1/2″ x 11″ and scrap to die cut 5 squares using the second largest Stylish Shapes squares.
- Country Gingham DSP: 4″ x 5 1/2″, 3/4″ x 4 1/8″ for inside of card
- Twine: 32″
Assembling the card:
- Adhere DSP and Basic White panels together and adhere to card front
- Use Stamparatus and stamp cat images on Basic White Squares. I stamped each image three times to get the full coverage of the cats. Color in the hearts with Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the eyes with the light Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blend
- Stamp sentiments for front and back on Basic White Squares using Sweet Sorbet classic ink, adding three of the smalll Flat Adhesive Backed Pearls on front square
- On the 1″ tab of the Sweet Sorbet strip, adhere the single 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square to form the base of the pull out mechanism
- Fold the strip starting with a mountain fold to make the pullout, then adhere your pieces to the strip
- Double up the twine and wrap around the pullout and form a bow
- Complete the inside of the card with the Basic White panel and strip of Country Gingham DSP
- Adhere to card front
Make your own pullout card with the Love Cats stamp set. The Adorable Owls free Sale-A-Bration stamp set would also make an adorable pullout card. A $60 (not including tax and shipping) would earn you this Level 1 SAB item. Shop my online store for all these products HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!